Advent Calendar Extravaganza with Taheerah Atchia

Hey friends! I’m so excited to share my post for the Advent Calendar Extravaganza! This is the first year I’m participating and it’s been so much fun. I can’t wait to see what everyone creates!

advent-calenda-extravaganza

advent-calendar-extravaganza-2016

Advent Calendar Extravaganza is -the- festive event of the season! This ‘hop with a twist’ was dreamed up by Taheerah Atchia and features surprise destinations each day! Joining in the fun with Taheerah are ONE HUNDRED special guests – each serving up some fantastic Christmas inspiration! Just like an Advent Calendar, you’ll never know where you’re going to be visiting next until you ‘open the door’!

And that’s not all! With 25 *amazing* sponsors taking part as guests as well, your crafty wish list is bound to get a boost with a chance to win a prize EVERY SINGLE DAY!!

Join in the fun every day at taheerah-atchia.com to see what special surprises await behind the door!

Here’s the project I created with the Warm Wishes stamp set from Waffle Flower Crafts. I just adore the sentiment and the fact that you can change up the tea cup to have different faces (or without a face if you want).

advent-blog-hop

advent-blog-hop2

It’s not a party without a prize – and with prizes every day there are several chances to win! Today’s prize is generously supplied by Waffle Flower Crafts, so you’ll definitely want to win! Simply leave a comment on this post – then head back to taheerah-atchia.com and leave a comment there too! You must leave a comment on Taheerah’s blog as well as mine in order to be eligible to win! Don’t forget to grab the other surprise destinations from Taheerah’s blog and head over to them to leave comments there as well to improve your odds even more! You have until 23:59 ESTon 31st December 2016 to enter.

Don’t forget Advent Calendar Extravaganza runs from 1st-25th December inclusive so make sure you visit taheerah-atchia.com every day for fabulous inspiration and amazing prizes every single time! Merry Christmas!

Thanks so much for stopping by and enjoy the rest of the Extravaganza!

Kalyn

205 Thoughts on “Advent Calendar Extravaganza with Taheerah Atchia

1. Very cute card.

2. barb macaskill on December 12, 2016 at 7:37 am said:

Your card makes me think of a nice warm cup of hot cocoa with a shot of peppermint schnapps added for a little zing! Beautiful and comforting!! TFS!

3. I love that sentiment! So much fun with the darling little cup! Thanks. I love the layering, even though it’s too much work for me. (i love playing with patterns and color and texture, but, as a fairly new cardmaker, it’s just one more thing I can mess up. (Sigh,…. so many new skills to learn!) Thanks for leading me onward!

4. Jean Bullock on December 12, 2016 at 7:44 am said:

I love the papers you chose for the layers. Well done.

5. Laura Greig on December 12, 2016 at 8:10 am said:

What a super cute card, thank you for sharing!

6. Sabine Edelmann on December 12, 2016 at 8:34 am said:

Adorable! Thanks for sharing!

7. Very fun, I could use a cuppa tea this cold winters morning!

8. Ohhh…so sweet. I love the wee little face. Cheers.

9. How can anyone not smile when looking at this card, it is just joyful!

10. Jenny D on December 12, 2016 at 8:49 am said:

Love the little teacup, makes such a cute card,

11. Natalie Godfrey on December 12, 2016 at 8:51 am said:

Such a pretty card. Great job!

12. Pennie Artz-Glasser on December 12, 2016 at 9:15 am said:

I love the colors, most of which are my favorites. Super cute card.

13. Cute!

14. What a lovely warm card!

15. Jennifer Schuler on December 12, 2016 at 9:40 am said:

So cute! Now I need coffee! :0

16. Cynthia Cole on December 12, 2016 at 9:54 am said:

Lovely teacup holiday card!

17. So festive! This is one sweet holiday card. 🌲

18. Angie Person on December 12, 2016 at 10:03 am said:

Wonderful card! I like the numerous paper selection and the button accents.

19. I love the mix of pattern papers, and I applaud the color scheme. Great card!

20. I love tea and this is a sweet sweet card!

21. What a super cute card. Love the color combo!

22. Natalie Winterstein on December 12, 2016 at 10:37 am said:

This is perfect! So cute and warm! 🙂

23. joy meadows on December 12, 2016 at 10:40 am said:

I love the sweet card! The scallop dies and the buttons are great accents.

24. Jackie Parkins on December 12, 2016 at 11:01 am said:

That’s such a sweet card. I love the papers you used, they go together perfectly.

25. I love all the details and layers on your card.

26. Awesome card… Love the added touches with the button, etc.

27. Sharon Klumph on December 12, 2016 at 11:16 am said:

Thank you, Kalyn for this cute card. The fact that the tea cups have faces is very clever. That is a pretty sentiment from Waffle Flower Crafts.

28. Karen Groff on December 12, 2016 at 11:34 am said:

Super Cute!

29. Liz McAllister on December 12, 2016 at 11:37 am said:

LOve the stamping on patterned paper. I never do that!

30. Patty Mello on December 12, 2016 at 11:40 am said:

Your card is very heart-warming, it immediately makes me think of those I love to have coffee with.

31. Sweet card. I really like the layering you used.

32. Sweet card with beautiful papers! Love stamping on the printed paper!

33. Arianna Barbara on December 12, 2016 at 12:12 pm said:

Wow! Absolutely cute!!!

34. barbara lassiter on December 12, 2016 at 12:20 pm said:

This is so cute! I think Waffle Flower must be known for the cuteness of their stamps! I love the layering on the card with the printed papers!

35. Heather Lynn on December 12, 2016 at 12:29 pm said:

Such a festive card! I love the snowflake accents. Thanks for sharing!

36. Denise Bryant on December 12, 2016 at 12:42 pm said:

Love the Warm Wishes set! I just got it! Pretty layering and details on your sweet card!

37. Carla Hundley on December 12, 2016 at 12:52 pm said:

So sweet!
    Carla from Utah

38. Melissa Friedrich on December 12, 2016 at 1:01 pm said:

Such a sweet cup for the warm wishes on your super adorable card, I love your color combo and stamping on the patterned paper!

39. DebbieC on December 12, 2016 at 1:26 pm said:

Verry pretty card. That stamp set is adorable, Waffle Flower is a new company for me to discover.
    DebbieC

40. Jan Clothier on December 12, 2016 at 1:36 pm said:

The button and twine are perfect embellishments for this sweet card.

41. Miriam Cairns Leech on December 12, 2016 at 1:40 pm said:

This is adorable!!! My favorite kind of warm wishes!!!

42. Dee Earnshaw on December 12, 2016 at 1:46 pm said:

Your card makes me smile. It is perfect for a a cold winter’s day:)

43. What a darling card and thanks so much for remembering us tea drinkers! 😂 I love your pattern layering and your great use of the repeating scallop cut. Great design!

44. Fabulous mix of patterned papers and colors, Kalyn~great card!

45. Deb Vasel on December 12, 2016 at 2:15 pm said:

Cute card!
    Love it.
    Merry Christmas!

46. Troy Louise on December 12, 2016 at 2:29 pm said:

So cute! Love all the fun paper you used & that cup with a smile is too fun. Thanks!

47. I could sure go for a nice cup of hot chocolate right now!! Love that sweet cup and those pretty snowflakes!

48. Such a cute card. Love the addition of buttons!

49. Barb B. on December 12, 2016 at 2:44 pm said:

Very nice job with this card!

50. Teresa Doyle on December 12, 2016 at 2:49 pm said:

Such a sweet card and I love this set. Those faces are just too cute!

51. You’ve designed a lovely stage for the star of the performance: that little teacup with the cutest face EVER! Enchanting! Thank you so much for joining Taheerah’s Extravaganza; you’ve sent my festive spirit soaring!
    ~carol

52. Memoriesbymanda on December 12, 2016 at 3:25 pm said:

Lovely card. Now I want a hot cocoa!

53. betty lou on December 12, 2016 at 3:27 pm said:

So pretty! Love the buttons!

54. Such a sweet card, you’ve really captured its warmth!

55. Lindsay S on December 12, 2016 at 3:51 pm said:

Such an adorable card! I want a warm toasty beverage now!

56. Very cute card!

57. Laura Miller on December 12, 2016 at 4:18 pm said:

What I like is you choose “seasonal” colors – the read, green and white and added the snowflakes. Good winter card.

58. Debbie A Smith on December 12, 2016 at 5:39 pm said:

Very cute!

59. Great card!

60. A very pretty, heartwarming card.

61. Lovely layering of the patterned papers. Cute image & sentiment.

62. Becca Yahrling on December 12, 2016 at 6:51 pm said:

This is just darling!

63. Deborah Kaye on December 12, 2016 at 7:05 pm said:

Such a cute card!

64. Isabelle on December 12, 2016 at 7:20 pm said:

Your card is really awesome and colorful !

65. Isabel Z on December 12, 2016 at 7:30 pm said:

Love what you created.

66. Pai Meng on December 12, 2016 at 7:32 pm said:

what a sweet cuppa!

67. Margaret B. on December 12, 2016 at 7:32 pm said:

Super cute card and love the button and twine embellishments.

68. Beautiful

69. love the cute cup!

70. Love this card, thank you for sharing!

71. Love coffee themed cards! This one is great,

72. Great background!

73. Lindarub on December 12, 2016 at 8:28 pm said:

Love the face on the coffee cup.

74. What a darling card. Love the sweet image. The snowflakes are the perfect embellishments. 🙂

75. Amy Cooley on December 12, 2016 at 8:38 pm said:

Fabulous holiday card! The button and snowflake accents are a really cute touch.

76. What a sweet card! I love your paper and the design, that cup is sure cute too! Happy cup with hot chocolate???

77. Betty Sue on December 12, 2016 at 8:45 pm said:

Perfect cup of coffee! Love!

78. Cute card. I really like the layers of pattern paper.

79. Janet Sisk on December 12, 2016 at 8:53 pm said:

What a “sweet” card! Love that adorable face on the cup. Thanks for the inspiration. 😀

80. Beatrice Lawson on December 12, 2016 at 8:56 pm said:

This card makes me want to reach through the screen and grab the mug. So cute!

81. Karen P on December 12, 2016 at 9:00 pm said:

This card would be great to send to a friend that you have coffee with. Very cute!

82. Kulbir K on December 12, 2016 at 9:02 pm said:

Very cute card. Thank you for sharing.

83. So simple but came out awesome….now I know what I can do with some of my dies! thanks!!!

84. Chris Handy on December 12, 2016 at 9:26 pm said:

Darling card. Love all the layers

85. Valerie Breingan on December 12, 2016 at 9:35 pm said:

I just want to curl up in front of a fire now with a hot cup of coffee.This is lovely.

86. Gail Plaskiewicz on December 12, 2016 at 9:36 pm said:

I love how you did your background. Mine is always square and I don’t have a die cutter but I have plenty of glasses and jars and round things so I could do your background like that. I also have fancy scissors so I could make that cut on the circles. I want to use what you did on a card.
    That little smiling tea/coffee cup is so adorable! She makes me want to take a sip and I don’t care for coffee or tea. I love how you put that white button on there because I thought it was a donut. Was it supposed to look like a donut? I also love the snowflake. What a great card!

87. Kleri F on December 12, 2016 at 9:37 pm said:

Very sweet card!Great for a coffee/chocolate lover!

88. DebSelby on December 12, 2016 at 9:38 pm said:

Very sweet card. Lovely colours.

89. So sweet. I like the papers and the buttons and snowflakes.

90. Such a sweet card! The papers are so pretty and I love the snowflakes and buttons as accents!

91. This is so pretty! Such a cute stamp and great papers!

92. super stick chick on December 12, 2016 at 10:09 pm said:

what a sweet and cozy card.

93. Melissa Bi. on December 12, 2016 at 10:15 pm said:

What a cute, versatile stamp set! I like how you turned this into a festive card with the mix of patterned papers and the snowflake die cut.

94. Michel E on December 12, 2016 at 10:52 pm said:

Cute card.

95. Wanda Reynolds on December 12, 2016 at 11:00 pm said:

Love all the patterns!

96. Such a sweet card and Iove the pattern paper combination!

97. Lisa Gross on December 12, 2016 at 11:14 pm said:

Adorable card.

98. My favorite Waffle Flower stamp….that little cup just makes me happy! Great card!!

99. What a sweet and festive card! The adorable coffee cup just looks so content 🙂

100. Mary Holshouser on December 13, 2016 at 12:19 am said:

Love the oval layers.
    So different and interesting.
    Great colors.
    thanks for sharing.

101. Beverly Jordan on December 13, 2016 at 12:41 am said:

Such a sweet comforting card and image!! Love the scallop ovals and snowflakes to bring in the holiday cheeriness!

102. Lovely layering, Kalyn … and such an adorable image … that little smiling cup is adorable! Anita 🙂

103. This is such a sweet card!

104. Laura Peddicord on December 13, 2016 at 1:27 am said:

I love the cup’s eyes being closed on the card. It appears as though he is already feeling the warmth of the wishes he is sending. Thank you for sharing.

105. Trina Chaska on December 13, 2016 at 1:40 am said:

Cute card. I really like the background papers you used.

106. Kristen on December 13, 2016 at 1:52 am said:

Oh such a warm Christmas greeting! Wonderful and full of joy!

107. Bev Karolak on December 13, 2016 at 1:57 am said:

Lovely card! Love ❤️ my cups ☕️ ☕️️ of tea! 🙂

108. Cute, pretty and cozy all at the same time! Very nice card!

109. irene Grau on December 13, 2016 at 2:34 am said:

Cute card. I like that subtle blue coloring on the cup. Lovely.

110. So cute! I love this stamp set!

111. Marcela I. Alvarez on December 13, 2016 at 3:14 am said:

beautiful! I love it… It is very nice (and so cute) idea! great job

112. Nives K on December 13, 2016 at 3:23 am said:

Nice card.

113. Janet Ingraham on December 13, 2016 at 3:57 am said:

Great choices of paper and wonderful layering. Cute stamp.

114. Adorable card! You are very talented in combining the patterned papers!

115. Such a cosy warm card!

116. karine boivin on December 13, 2016 at 7:46 am said:

Beautiful card. The little cup is so cute!

117. Such a sweet card! I absolutely love your layering!

118. GrammyP on December 13, 2016 at 8:39 am said:

I think I will have to get that teacup stamp set–I just love having tea parties with my granddaughters! Your card is so cute–it put a real smile on my face! Thank you so much for sharing!

119. Beautiful card! Love all the added details!

Sammibug in Ohio

120. Kim Strating on December 13, 2016 at 10:15 am said:

So cute! Love the sweet expression on the coffee cup.

121. Lisa A creations on December 13, 2016 at 10:17 am said:

I had never seen the warm wishes stamp set. It’s very cute!

122. love love love the coloring on the patterned paper!! looooove that smug little cuppa!! adorable!

123. Theresa Petermann on December 13, 2016 at 11:00 am said:

love all the coffee cards that are showing up. thanks so much for sharing.

124. Maureen Reiss on December 13, 2016 at 11:13 am said:

Such a Sweet card!!!

125. Christine Canfield on December 13, 2016 at 12:10 pm said:

such a fun mix of patterns!

126. Janelle on December 13, 2016 at 2:08 pm said:

This is such a happy card! Love your pattern mix…and a smiling cup!

127. Amy Ames on December 13, 2016 at 2:16 pm said:

Kalyn your card is just so sweet!!! I love the little cup. It’s just too cute 😊 And I really love the colors you used.

128. …aaaaand now I’ve added this awesome stamp set to my wishlist! Thanks for sharing such a fun project!

129. Clara Callon on December 13, 2016 at 6:36 pm said:

Lovely!

130. Laraine R on December 13, 2016 at 7:09 pm said:

Great card!

131. Christy Q on December 13, 2016 at 7:31 pm said:

So pretty! Love the mix of papers and patterns you used – it all works together so effortlessly.

132. What a face of peaceful tea….. chamomile comes to mind!

133. Nancy Wilcox on December 13, 2016 at 8:26 pm said:

Love the papers and layers!

134. Cute card makes you feel cozy

135. Rae Dalphine on December 13, 2016 at 9:38 pm said:

Adorable cards! I love a nice coffee/tea cup

136. Such a darling card — love all the special touches!

137. Cute card. I like the layers.

138. Roberta S. on December 14, 2016 at 12:37 am said:

Cute card. Thanks for sharing

139. Sigh! I love your card – it looks so cozy!

140. so sweet! Love the soft blue on the cup!

141. Jackie P. on December 14, 2016 at 8:48 am said:

What a fabulous card!! That little tea cup and sentiment are just so whimsical. I also like all the layering you did and your use of DSP. Love it!

142. Sabrina Radican on December 14, 2016 at 9:28 am said:

What a sweet card!!

143. Jessica Gerstner on December 14, 2016 at 11:37 am said:

Such a sweet card! Love that smiling little cup!

144. Marty Harris on December 14, 2016 at 3:12 pm said:

I love the patterned papers–so festive!

145. Daria Zender on December 14, 2016 at 3:35 pm said:

Love the mix of patterned papers – such a sweet card!

146. Julie A. Shearer on December 14, 2016 at 5:09 pm said:

Lovely card! Thanks for sharing

147. Andrea A on December 14, 2016 at 5:31 pm said:

Very sweet card and I love the sentiment! Thanks for sharing.

148. Love the tea cup. Such a cute card.

149. What a sweet tea cup! Great background pp too!

150. Aileene Y. Fitzpatrickqwww22f on December 15, 2016 at 1:57 am said:

Love the cuteness of the card design and the co!or scheme,

151. wonderful card Kalyn – the added details make it so special!

152. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the patterns, the layering, and of course the buttons and twine. 🙂

153. It makes me want to go and boil the jug right now! so cute!

154. Bright, cheerful, festive, sweet…your card checks all the boxes!

155. Vicenta Ghylin on December 15, 2016 at 11:44 pm said:

A really super cute card. Thank you for sharing.

156. What a sweet card! The teacup is adorable with the smiley face and I love the sentiment! Thanks for sharing!

157. Patt H. on December 16, 2016 at 4:55 pm said:

How sweet! Love the cute face on the cup & can see using this set for lots of different occasions!

158. Ericka Strange on December 16, 2016 at 5:22 pm said:

Cute card. Love the layering and the button is a perfect addition!

159. Cute holiday card!

160. This is so cute!! I love the cup and the pretty papers you used on this!

161. Oh this is so cute! Love the coffee cup!

162. I have this stamp but it looks so cute with the sweet face put on it.

163. Barb A in AZ on December 18, 2016 at 12:49 pm said:

Very cute. I mean, who doesn’t love coffee and Christmas. Great way to combine both.

164. Very cute! Love the little cup. So cute!

165. JoAnneR on December 18, 2016 at 6:59 pm said:

So adorable.. Love the layered patterned paper. What a sweet warm wish.

166. Jenny Colacicco on December 18, 2016 at 9:15 pm said:

You’re right the face on that teacup is so cute. I love how you created the background too. Lovely.

167. Mary-Anne V. on December 18, 2016 at 9:16 pm said:

Very cute cup and love the button embellishments.

168. Miriam Prantner on December 18, 2016 at 10:02 pm said:

So sweet! Love this mix of papers and that cute image!

169. Cynthia Baldwin on December 19, 2016 at 12:22 am said:

A card after my own heart…love me some warm coffee, tea, or cocoa during these cold months!

170. Adorable card! Such a cute design!

171. Sweet card…the “content” expression on the cup brings thoughts of hot chocolate and coziness!

172. maria f. on December 20, 2016 at 3:15 pm said:

You’ve worked wonders with those patterned papers! Love it.

173. Love all the layers on your sweet and happy card.

174. I love this the buttons look like peppermint life saver candy attached to the card!

175. Brithzi Sandy on December 20, 2016 at 6:24 pm said:

Cute and sweet. The papers give it a cozy feeling.

176. Charming card!

177. Such a sweet card, I love it! Lovely layers, and all going together very well – way to go! 🙂

178. Anna Natalia on December 21, 2016 at 8:00 pm said:

Sweet card!

179. Rema DeLeeuw on December 22, 2016 at 2:10 am said:

Fabulous card!

180. Oh so sweet! love this!

181. Tracy Lustick on December 25, 2016 at 7:15 pm said:

Darling !

182. Lovely card!

183. I’m loving the cardstocks you chose for this sweet card and the addition of the buttons, too!

184. Carey Nusbaum on December 26, 2016 at 7:08 pm said:

I love using buttons on my projects! Your card is adorable! Super cute!

185. Another really cute card-TFS!

186. Fun and delicious too!! The button looks like a marshmallow!!

187. Felicity on December 28, 2016 at 4:47 am said:

I really love this! Good job!

188. Laurie Liebich on December 28, 2016 at 3:22 pm said:

Such a cute card!

189. Your coffee cup card is so adorable! Love it!!

190. Very cute!

191. So stinking cute! Love the layout. Thank you.

192. Naama E on December 29, 2016 at 3:02 pm said:

Cute as a button 🙂
    Brilliant combination of patterns and colors ❤

193. Angie Hall on December 29, 2016 at 4:09 pm said:

Is that coffee or cocoa? Either one are perfect for a “warm wishes” card.

194. Super cute card. I love that adorable tea cup.
    Thanks for sharing 🙂
    Cheers and happy new year!
    preety

195. So very nice, looks warm and cozy. Thanks for sharing!

196. Kathy Mc on December 31, 2016 at 1:25 am said:

Such cute warm wishes perfect for the holidays and cooler temps!

197. I can feel the warmth down to my toes with this sweet card!