Doily Birthday Wishes

Hey there! How's the middle of your week going? My Wednesday has decided to greet me with the beginning of a cold – lovely. I'm still in the sore throat, body ache phase and haven't quite graduated to the stuffy nose phase yet. Lots to look forward to this week. Haha

On a happier topic, I wanted to share one of the projects I had published in Cool Tools for Paper Crafters. I love this issue and creating for it was such a fun challenge. For this card, I used an edge punch (Martha Stewart Doily Lace punch) to create extra-special accordion flowers for embellishments.

IMG_4957

Supplies

Cardstock: Bazzill Basics Paper

Patterned paper: Crate Paper

Die cuts: Spellbinders

Ribbon, stamp, buttons: Papertrey Ink

To make the doily accordion flowers, I first trimmed the size strip of paper I wanted (a thinner strip makes smaller flowers and a larger makes larger), then punched one edge with the doily lace punch. That's when the accordion part begins and you begin scoring the strip of paper and then fold into the accordion shape.

For tons of other ideas on how to use paper crafting (and even non-paper crafting) tools, make sure to grab Cool Tools at your local bookstore or online.

Well that's it for today! I hope you find some time to get into the craft room this week! I also hope you don't catch the annoying head cold I've started hanging out with. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Blogsignature

You Might Also Like

8 Comments

Jackie R.
    January 18, 2012 at 2:24 pm

I’m sorry to hear you aren’t feeling well. Congrats on getting your card published! It sure is beautiful . . . the doilies are so delicate. Feel better soon! 🙂

Emma J.
    January 18, 2012 at 9:55 pm

Oh, I hope you feel better! I know what it’s like, I had one of those a month or so ago…not fun!
    That card is adorable! That was such a creative use of a punch! Thanks so much for all your posts!

Therese
    January 19, 2012 at 12:50 am

This is sooo pretty Kalyn! Love those gorgeous medallion flowers, the DP is perfect!

Marion
    January 19, 2012 at 3:36 am

Very classy Kayln! Congrats on your publication!

~Tammy~
    January 19, 2012 at 9:26 pm

Hope you feel better! This card is amazing and easy to see why it was chosen for publication! Congrats!

Jocelyn Olson
    January 21, 2012 at 2:56 pm

I’m sorry you’re sick! This card is so pretty!! The punched edges are gorgeous. What do you use to get your medallions to hold? I never have good luck with them staying down.

Stephanie
    January 22, 2012 at 10:05 pm

Love this card! The doilies are so pretty. I noticed this card in the issue too and since I have this Martha Stewart punch I’m making a mental note to give this technique a try. I hope you’re feeling better soon!

Kalyn
    January 23, 2012 at 7:44 am

Thanks, everyone! Your sweet comments are making me feel better and better! 🙂