1. In February, I went to Washington, D.C. to visit Laura, who was studying there for a semester. We went to the Smithsonian, the White House, and took a trip to Georgetown so that I could shop around in Paper Source!
2. On April 23rd, Sarah, Mallory, and I skipped our afternoon classes to celebrate Mallory's birthday. We soaked up the sun and ate cupcakes on Deg lawn 🙂 Later that day, I found out I'd received an internship at Paper Crafts magazine! It was definitely the best day of the semester.
3. My new club, SU Paper Crafts held its first ever class – decorating SU-themed picture frames. It was a huge success!
4. I went to Washington D.C. yet again in the beginning of April when my Art History class took a field trip there. 2008 was the year of DC for me – I went 3 times in all! My favorite part of the field trip was getting to see some Mark Rothko originals in the National Gallery.
5. I danced in my 2nd SU Dance Corps showcase. I performed 2 lyrical dances, a modern dance and a hip hop dance.
6. I saw Third Eye Blind in concert for the first time and had one of the best times at a concert in my life. (And I've been to quite a few concerts in my day) There's something about seeing one of my favorite artists in concert that makes me feel so alive and in the moment. Every minute was great. Unfortunately, I couldn't take my camera in the show, so no picture for this one.
7. In May, I was spoiled yet again with seeing another one of my favorite artists in concert – Hanson! I've loved their music since I was 10 and I've been to 3 of their shows and as I've grown up, their music has evolved and changed right along with me. I also got to go with one of my best friends, Rachel who has also been a dedicated fan since 1997. 🙂 The show was unforgettable – I even caught Isaac's guitar pick!
8. A few days after the Hanson show, I left for Utah to start my amazing internship at Paper Crafts Magazine! I also started this blog! 🙂
9. In June, I started my new life as a published designer! After a rigorous submissions judging at Paper Crafts, 3 of my cards made it into the Card Creations: Quick & Easy Vol. 2 issue! This not only counts as a highlight of 2008, but a highlight of my LIFE!
10. Only July 27th, I celebrated my 21st birthday with a long table surrounded by my closest friends and a delicious Olive Garden dinner!
11. Mom and I enjoyed a sunny week in Ocean City, NJ in August.
12. I had a really fun girls' weekend in September when my fellow bridesmaids and I celebrated Rachel's upcoming wedding in Philadelphia. The fondue dessert was a highlight in itself.
13. This fall, I took my second-ever drawing class and learned so much!
I even experienced figure drawing – during which we drew a nude model
for several weeks. It was unusual at first, but it was definitely an
artistic experience that taught me a lot.
14. On October 4th, I walked down the aisle as a bridesmaid in Rachel's wedding. I've known Rachel since 7th grade and it was unbelievable to watch her get married and realize how much we've grown…and yet how silly we've stayed 🙂
15. Laura and I celebrated Christmas a little early at our college apartment with a classy party! 🙂
16. And my final favorite memory of 2008 is simply the fact that I survived a semester with 18 credits (5 classes) and actually got a 4.0!
2008 has been an amazing year full of adventures and I can only hope that my 2009 recap will be filled with many more happy memories. Here's to last year!